Sunday, June 12, 2011

Awesome Cover Alert: Just Can't Get Enough

Suddenly I just can't get enough
I might as well tell you since you'll be figuring it out soon enough: I love a good cover. And I love sharing good covers. The first time I heard Just Can't Get Enough by the Black Eyed Peas, I couldn't really make heads or tails of it. It was like three separate songs with only a loose connection between them. Leave it to Boyce Avenue- probably my favorite youtube find ever- to figure it out and get it onto my ipod.

The song's chorus, originally sung by Fergie, sounds great with singer Alejandro Manzano's soulful voice, but what is truly incredible is how the band transformed the verses between choruses, giving the song a sexy latin feel.
Check it out here:
Just Can't Get Enough- Boyce Avenue
And in case you live somewhere beyond the reach of radio, here's the original:
Just Can't Get Enough- Black Eyed Peas

Florida-based Boyce Avenue found a huge fan base by posting covers of songs on Youtube, so you should definitely check them out. They had a really interesting cover of Grenade by Bruno Mars backed by a violin.

And they're original music is great too. Check out one of my favorite songs by them, When the Lights Die. Or just poke around their Youtube channel here.

No comments:

Post a Comment