Sunday, June 12, 2011

Neil Patrick Harris Rocks it!


Not shockingly, The Book of Mormon and War Horse took home a plethora of statues tonight at the Tony Awards. The former took 9 and the latter a still impressive 5. I guess I'm giving up hope of seeing either anytime soon.

What I did see was Catch Me If You Can, whose star Norbert Leo Butz took home the Best Actor in a Musical award this evening. I loved him in the role, even though neither him nor costar Aaron Tveit came out the stage door after the Wednesday matinee. Butz was charming, vulnerable and funny and FBI fraud Agent Carl Hanratty. I'm really happy that he got the award. 

But perhaps the most impressive and surprising part of the Tony's telecast was host Neil Patrick Harris's rap as the credits rolled. He did a rhyming recap of the night. I have no idea who wrote it or how he had time to practice it while hosting the ceremony, but I was totally blown away. Brava NPH, Brava.  

Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images North America

No comments:

Post a Comment